Do you need a powerful and reliable tool to convert audio files to different formats? You can easily do it with new AVS Audio Converter which is now available for free! With AVS Audio Converter, you no longer have to worry about multiple audio formats and how to deal with them in the right way. Read this article to find out more.
Why convert audio files to another format?
Those who convert between different audio formats do it for different reasons:
- Compatibility. While almost all popular audio formats are supported by most devices, we sometimes need to convert them. For example, if you buy music from the iTunes Store, you’ll have AAC files which may not be played on other devices. In this case, you will have to convert these files to another format which is supported by the device and software you are going to use.
- Preservation of high audio quality. Some audio formats are lossy (for example, MP3 and WMA); they take up less hard-drive space, but some of the original data is inevitably lost after compression. Other formats are lossless (for example, FLAC and Apple Lossless); they can be converted without the data loss. If you opt for the highest quality of your audio files, lossless audio formats are an evident choice for you.
- Size reduction. Lossless audio formats are great when it comes to preserving the high quality of audio data in comparison with the original source. However, such audio files require a lot of hard-drive space, which is not good for some users. Converting large audio files to lossy formats, such as MP3, helps you save some space preserving the decent audio quality.
Whatever the reasons why you need to convert between different audio formats are, there is an easy and quick way to do it for free with AVS Audio Converter.
Main advantages of AVS Audio Converter
AVS Audio Converter is an easy-to-use and reliable application with a lot of features. Let’s find out why you need to choose AVS Audio Converter for personal use:
- It’s free. You don’t need to pay for converting audio files.
- It converts between all key audio formats, including MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, AMR, OGG, ALAC, FLAC, MP2, etc.
- It supports export of audio files from video. It’s compatible with such video formats as DVD, MPEG, MP4, AVI, DIVX, MOV, WMV, VOB, 3GP, RM, QT, FLV, etc.
- Thebatch mode helps you to automate routine work by converting a large number of audio files in different formats at once.
- Its interface is multilingual – English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish and Russian.
- It comes with all the necessary documentation that helps new users to easily get familiar with its features and operation procedure.
How to convert audio files with AVS Audio Converter
First of all, you need to download and install AVS Audio Converter. AVS Audio Converter is available for free, and its installation is really simple and doesn’t require any specific knowledge.
After the installation process is finished, launch AVS Audio Converter and follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Add audio files for conversion
Select one of the available options below to load the required audio files into the program.
- Press Add File to load one or several audio files from the hard drive of your computer.
- Press Grab from CD to grab your recorded audio CD inserted in your disc drive.
- Press Import from Video to import the audio track(s) from a video file.
Step 2: Set the output audio format
Select the required output audio format by pressing the corresponding button on the command bar located at the top of the AVS Audio Converter main window:
Step 3: Configure the output format parameters
Select one of the default conversion profiles in the drop-down list of the Profile field. We recommend using the default profiles if you are new to audio conversion. If none of the default profiles meets your needs, you can adjust the output format settings yourself.
Step 4: Select the output directory
Now specify where your converted files will be saved. To do that, click the Browse button to the right of the Output Folder field and select the required folder.
Step 5: Start the conversion
Finally, click the Convert Now! button and wait till the conversion process is completed. The conversion will last depending on the number of files to be processed, the output format settings and the capabilities of your computer.
As you can see, converting audio files is really simple with free AVS Audio Converter. You can freely convert your audio tracks to different formats. Try AVS Audio Converter right now!
We hope this article was useful to you. If you have any questions, please use the comments section below. Your feedback is always appreciated!